What is it about Xylitol that makes it a great alternative to traditional sugars? Xylitol is a naturally occurring carbohydrate, that looks and tastes just like regular table sugar. It is a natural sweetener that can be extracted from any woody fibrous plant material. Commercially it is extracted from renewable resources such as corn cobs, and also from less environmentally sustainable sources such as hardwood. Xylitol also occurs naturally in our bodies - in fact, an average size adult manufactures up to 15 grams of xylitol daily during normal metabolism. Pure xylitol is a white crystalline substance that looks and tastes like sugar.
Functional Speciality of xylitol:
1. Xylitol is the best substitute of sweetener for the diabetic, can be widely used in the drinking juice, coffee, milk, bread, candy and other sugarless food.
2. Xylitol has intensive cool taste, so it can be used in tasty cakes, biscuits. Sweets. Leechdom and other commodities with new-style taste.
3. The metabolism of xylitol in the human body relies not on trypsin and dose not increase the blood sugar numerical value. Thus it can be used in injection and transfusion when the sugar of the diabetic decompensate. It is also suitable for the sufferer to take medicine.
4. Xylitol can be used as wetting agent in the cosmetics and is not irritative to skin.
5. Xylitol has no Aldehyde, no Maillard Browning reaction when get heating, is good to produce different bakery foods.
6. Xylitol can promote multiplication of bacterium and beneficial bacteria in the intestines, to improve gastrointestinal function, is a widely used functional additive by its high activity.
7. Xylitol is not fermented by yeast, can be the inert substrate for microbe.
8. Xylitol's cooling sensation can add the taste of food with mint and spearmint.
Xylitol serves as an effective sugar substitute for diabetics and non-diabetics. Xylitol use also provides excellent dental benefits. Using xylitol has many benefits:
* Delicious sweet taste with no unpleasant aftertaste
* Helps reduce the development of dental caries
* Reduces plaque formation
* Increases salivary flow to aid in the repair of damaged tooth enamel
* Provides one third fewer calories than sugar
* May be useful as a sugar alternative for people with diabetes (on the advice of their healthcare providers)
Xylitol Dental Benefits
Studies using xylitol as either a sugar substitute or a small dietary addition have demonstrated a dramatic reduction in new tooth decay, along with arrest and even some reversal of existing dental caries. This xylitol benefit is longlasting and possibly permanent. Low decay rates persist even years after the trials have been completed.
It's 100% natural.
Xylitol is not an artificial substance, but a normal part of everyday metabolism. Xylitol is widely distributed throughout nature in small amounts.
In the amounts needed to prevent tooth decay (less than 15 grams per day), xylitol benefits and is safe for everyone.The World Health Organization has given xylitol its safest rating for food additives.
It's convenient to use.
Xylitol can be conveniently delivered to your teeth via chewing gum, tablets, or even candy. You don't need to change your normal routine to make room for Xylitol.
It tastes great!
One of the best xylitol benefits is its great taste! Xylitol is a health regimen that doesn't require iron willpower or discipline. Xylitol tastes so good, using it becomes automatic, for both adults and children.
Specification of Xylitol:
|Loss on drying||≤0.2%|
|Residue on ignition||≤0.02%|
|Melting point||92-96 degree|
|Ph in aqueous solution||5.0-7.0|
|Total plate count||≤50cfu/g|
|Yeast & Mold||≤10cfu/g|
Packing: 25kgs/bag; 1000kgs/pallet; about 20 mts/20'gp