Erythritol is a newly developed 4-carbon sugar alcohol that can be produced by fermentation of glucose. It is a white crystalline powder with a refreshing sweet taste, not easy to absorb moisture, stable at high temperature, stable in a wide range of pH, when dissolved in the mouth It has a mild cooling feeling and is suitable for a variety of foods.
(1) low sweetness: the sweetness of erythritol is only 60% to 70% of sucrose, and the entrance has a cool taste, pure taste and no aftertaste.
(2) high stability: the acid and heat are very stable, the acid and alkali resistance are very high, and the decomposition and change will not occur under the temperature of 329 degrees.
(3) high solution heat: erythritol is dissolved in water with an endothermic effect. The solution heat is only 97.4KJ/KG, which is higher than the absorption heat of glucose and sorbitol, and has a cool feeling when eaten.
(4) high solubility: 25 ºC erythritol, the solubility of sugar alcohol is 36% (W/W), erythritol, sugar alcohols solubility increases, a rise of temperature than glucose, mannose, Arabian sugar alcohols solubility is high, easy to crystallization precipitation crystals.
(5) low hygroscopicity: erythritol, sugar alcohol is very easy to crystallization, but none in 90% humidity environment moisture absorption, easy to crush get powder products, can be used for sour food surface to prevent moisture absorption.