|Density||1.1897 (rough estimate)|
|Appearance||White crystalline powder|
L Arabinose is a kind of aldopentoses, it's a low-calurie sweetener, it inhibits the sucrase activity and prevents increasing of blood glucose, therefore, it can prevent fat accumulation and against high blood glucose disease.L Arabinose is more common than D-arabinose in nature, it can be used as pharmaceutical intermediate, preparing culture medium and be used for synthesis in the flavour industry.
1. L-arabinose can be used as a sucrose enzyme inhibitor to lower the Glycaemic Index(GI) of sucrose containing products
2. L-arabinose can be used in developing antiviral agents such as nucleoside analogues
3. L-arabinose can be used in various foods (except foods for infants or young children)
4. L-arabinose can be used as raw material for the synthesis of fine chemicals as well as pharmaceutical intermediate
5. L-arabinose can be used in preparing bacterial medium in biological industry
6. L-arabinose can be used in the synthesis of flavours.